...as I have been away too long.
Recent events include:
- Getting one distinction and one merit, and deciding to apply for a PhD anyway (and then changing my mind the minute the application was in and it was too late)
- Having the worst Friday 13th of my *entire life*, involving broken lifts interrupting my studies and forgotten passports nearly ruining Dublin holidays (but The Girl, ever the hero, had us on another flight by the next day)
- Broken powered wheels, frustrating inabilities to focus on work, general irritation at PAs (it's not personal), and a DAN demo that I almost didn't make it to (but some great friends helped me out and I got there in the end).
- A month of (mild, fortunately) depression over missing The Girl, perceiving exploitation in my department (whether or not it's real), and generally being tired and in pain
- Some surprise, some worry and a general ontological crisis following acceptance onto my PhD (but I probably won't get funded, so I'm trying not to worry too much yet)
- Delight at finding a doctor from whom I can get exactly what I want, when I want it, and realising that it's partly because I now know what I want and when I want it.
Going back to debates over professional power, emancipatory research, and women and medicine now.