Friday, May 01, 2009

Blogging Against Disablism Day, 2009

Alas, this year I will not be Blogging Against Disablism. This is because I am in the middle of two 6000-word essays that have the potential to make or break my future (mainly because it's a disablist world out there and I need to go above and beyond to have any chance of overcoming that), while fighting some VERY frustrating impairment-related crap that wants to stop me working on said 6000-word essays, as well as moving house and some other fun.

And so, in lieu of a post, I would like to draw your attention to The Goldfish's Blogging Against Disablism 2009 archive. It will grow throughout the week as people add their posts to it. It is a truly awesome annual online activism-fest, and everyone should read as much of it as possible.

This year, I particularly recommend Batsgirl's post on issues and expectations around disabled parenting. It will make you think.

Happy Blogging Against Disablism Day.

No comments: