Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Right, that's it...

...I'm never getting the C11 bus anymore. Quite apart from the fact that tonight's driver called me 'Wheelchair', as in "Wheelchair, where do you want to get off?" (and to think I used to be an actual person)*, the ramp was so steep that I couldn't even begin to get up it. It took three large men pushing and pulling to get me up the ramp and over that dreadful 'lip' that caused me a backwards fall and a head injury a few months ago. But Metroline say their buses are accessible, so that's OK then...

I have Ash Wednesday thoughts, but they are serious and do not go well with the rant. Tomorrow. 

Today was long and somewhat confusing. I like Thursdays. No working.


*Witty comebacks to this would be much appreciated. I couldn't think of anything good, so I just mumbled my destination and hoped not too many people were staring at me after the whole ramp debacle.

4 comments:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

That's unacceptable in a way it deserves a formal complaint (if you have the energy) Funnily enough I was referred to as 'the wheelchairs' by a stewardess on a BA flight some years back, well, all those needing assistance were. I complained, BA were predictably appalling in their response. I'm still waiting for their apology bouquet of flowers.
Hope today is better. BG x

Elizabeth McClung said...

Comebacks:

"Any time I see Angelina Jolie"

"Probably tonight after the bath with a vibrator...oh, were you asking where I was going?"

"Language Impaired Biped, I wish you to drive Vehicle with four wheels to place I will tell you: prepare for data...."

"Actually, I prefer the term 'poor cripple'"

"Tomorrow I'll be in this wheelchair, but tonight you'll be having sex with your cousin...no wait, that didn't come out right....damn you Churchill"

Naomi J. said...

BG: Oh, I complain. TfL know me well - I have at least ten complaints logged with them, all within the past year that I've been using a wheelchair. They do nothing but send back a standard letter now. Blah.

Elizabeth: OK, those are some of the best laughs I've had all week...
"Language Impaired Biped, I wish you to drive Vehicle with four wheels to place I will tell you: prepare for data...."
Awesome! You realise I may actually *use* a variation on that, don't you? :D

Elizabeth McClung said...

I'm glad to have helped turn a bad experience into a future plot for revenge - anytime you want comebacks please let me know - I won pottery on another blog for the best 10 comebacks.